Welcome to my flight sim page! I've always loved flying, and with flight sims these days you can learn ground school and fly a wide variety of planes, from Cesna 172 trainers, to F-18 fighter jets, to massive air liners... all over real-life terrain based on topographical maps and photographs.
I have my realism setting to "max" to emulate real-world conditions, both for the plane I'm flying, and the weather... this is how I now fly after months of training... pilots use FSX to keep their flying skills up to snuff, so it's the next best thing to actually being in a cockpit.
Click on this link to view a gallery of the planes I love to fly over locations in Canada and the world.
Here's a YouTube collection of some of my aerobatic antics... Recorded in HD, they look good full-screen. They show me...
- A slide show of the 2012 Gatineau Air Show, where I got a landing tutorial from an F-18 pilot! Click here to view.
- Someone took an amazing video of an air show - at night! Beautiful to watch.
A few pilot quotes:
- You're only as good as your last landing
- Any landing you can walk away from is a good one
- Taking off is easy... landing, well...
- I'd rather have a two hour bladder and three hours of gas than vice versa.
"Take your kid to work" day...|